Key Public Health Messages for All Residents:
- Protect yourself by following public health advice about keeping your hands clean, and covering coughs and sneezes.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Protect others who are most at risk of COVID-19 by keeping your distance from people (at least 6 feet away from others), especially those who are older, and people living with chronic health conditions.
- If you are outside, avoid crowds.
- Don’t shake hands or hug.
- Stay connected to friends and loved ones by phone or through other technology.
- Get information from trusted sources. Visit https://www.mass.gov/2019coronavirus for the latest news, case counts, and lab testing results.
- Take care of your emotional health and help others do the same. If you need emotional support during these stressful times, call 2-1-1 and choose the “CALL2TALK” option
A short video for social media, waiting rooms, and other locations: https://youtu.be/HhUpkGxyjS4
Social media – follow and retweet DPH on Twitter @MassDPH, updated several times per day.
Massachusetts 2-1-1 – Massachusetts residents are urged to use 2-1-1 for information, resources, and referrals regarding COVID-19. Operators are staffing this hotline 24/7 and translators are available in multiple languages. Residents with questions can dial 2-1-1 from any landline or cellphone, or use the live chat option on the Mass 2-1-1 website.